Hi friends! How was your weekend? Relaxing and enjoyable I hope :) The hubs was out of town so I had plenty of “me” time to work on projects and go to the beach. Oh, and start Orange is the New Black. I’m already obsessed. Any fans out there?

As I mentioned on Friday, those cute little drink tags I made were for my latest project: a bar cart! This guy has been a long time in the making and I’m so excited it’s finally done!

Gold Tiled Bar Cart

If you remember back to one of my thrift haul’s in the winter, that’s when I picked this piece up. I got it for $5 at Sal Val and as awkward as it was, I knew I wanted it.

Upcycled Bar Cart

Like usual, it sat on the porch for a while before I decided what I wanted to do with it. With so many fun bar cart ideas floating around Pinterest lately, I just couldn’t resist.

I had this idea of lining it with gold tile floating around in my head, but wasn’t really sure where to begin. After doing lots of googling, I realized real tile was way too expensive, and I didn’t trust any of the adhesive faux tile coming from overseas. Then I came to my senses and did what I should have done in the first place; asked my father in law. He owns his own tile business and has been doing it for years.

Apparently gold tile is rather hard to come by and extremely expensive. Lucky for me, he had a ton of it lying around from a job that never got completed :) This stuff was roughly $6 a tile. Probably not something I would have invested in so thank you client who changed your mind.

He lives a couple hours away form us, so on a visit in the spring, he took the piece back with him to Ohio and laid the tile and grouted it for me. It turned out even better than I imagined in my head :)

White and Gold Bar Cart

I kept things simple and painted it white, knowing that all the fun accessories would add pops of color. As I was removing the hardware to paint the bottom, I encountered some little friends…

Bar Cart

I may or may not have let out a little yelp. These little alien looking creatures scared the heck out of me! I ran inside and got the first thing I laid eyes on (windex) and slowly approached the enemy. Even though I’m pretty sure they were already dead, they still gave me the heeby jeebies so I sprayed them and shoved them down the crack in the porch. Byeeeeee.

Once I recovered from that, and moved to another spot on the porch (because those things could obviously crawl back up through the crack and get me) I cut some trim I got at Home Depot with my Miter Saw to cover up the edges of the tile.

Final touch was some wheels and this baby was ready to cruise!

White and Gold Bar Cart

White and Gold Bar Cart

White and Gold Bar Cart

White and Gold Bar Cart

Don’t forget, Friday’s Fab Freebie was those cute little “Cheers Darling” drink tags. Go print them out for your next party!

Do any of you have a bar cart? What fun accessories did you style it with?

Have a great Monday everyone! Cheers ;)

You can find me linking up at these fabulous parties!
Wow Us Wednesday

50 thoughts on “Gold Tiled Bar Cart

1. Pingback: - Maybe I Will

2. Pingback: Be.You.Tiful Link Party #35 - Fry Sauce and Grits

3. Pingback: Be. YOU. Tiful Link Party #35 - Chic California

4. Pingback: Be.You.Tiful Link Party #34 - Fry Sauce and Grits

5. Pingback: Be. YOU. tiful Link Party #34 - Chic California

6. Pingback: Be.YOU.tiful Link Party #34 - Maybe I Will

7. Pingback: Be.You.Tiful Link Party #28

8. Pingback: 10 Summer DIY's

9. bumblebreeblog

Hey Bre! I am glad you saw your featured spot! Thank you for linking up with us at Party in Your PJs!! Us cool Bre’s need to stick together, so I hope you link up again this week. ;)

1. brepurposed Post author

Yes thank you so much for the feature! I’ll be sure to keep linking up, gotta give my fellow Bre some support :)

10. Kim @ The Cookie Puzzle

The cart is amazing…and so fun and yet sleek looking, those gold tiles totally make it! Yeah for wonderful father inlaws! Those little creepers….totally creepy….ewwww! Thank you so much for linking up at Party in Your PJs, we hope you join us again tonight for another party!

1. brepurposed Post author

Thanks so much Kim! I really lucked out with the tile :) And thankfully those critters weren’t too squirmy!

11. Pingback: Be. YOU. tiful Link Party #28 - Chic California

12. Pingback: Linky Party Favorites

13. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet

You seriously work wonders with these furniture transformations…and you churn them out so fast! The desk took me months to work up to starting and over a month to finish, and now I’m worn out. Ha ha. I’ll just live vicariously through you!

14. Pingback: Link Party Features

15. Melissa @ Simply Sweets by Honeybee

Awesome transformation! You gave me goose bumps with the little green guys. LOL! Your backdrop is on my to do list. I just gotta get the hubby on board to help me :)

1. brepurposed Post author

haha they still give me goose bumps just thinking about them! Can’t wait to see your backdrop when you get around to it! :)

16. Pingback: Your Designs This Time – No. 17 |

17. ejddiy

Love, love, love this bar cart! Beaufiul! Your awesome project is being featured today at Your Designs This Time! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Emily & Erin

18. Joy @ Yesterfood

I love this SOOOO much! You and your father in law did a great job. Bar ware everything is just so fun. Thank you for sharing this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! :)

1. brepurposed Post author

Thank you Joy! I had so much fun styling it, I probably went a little over board haha!

19. Pingback: Pinterest Link Party #8 - Creative Ramblings

20. Sarah

This is so pretty, great job! I always fear what I may find in old furniture. So far everything has been dead, but they still freak me out! Thanks for linking up to the Pinterest Link Party, I will be featuring your project tomorrow.

1. brepurposed Post author

Yay thank you so much Sarah! It’s always a surprise what you might find in old furniture! Luckily these guys weren’t very lively ;)

21. Amy @ Homey Oh My!

Yes, ma’am!! Soooo lucky with the gold tile. It’s gorgeous. Bar cart envy continues- beautifully styled, girl!
    And I’m itching all over from the sight of those horrendous green monsters. I wouldn’t have survived.

1. brepurposed Post author

Thanks friend! I feel like there is so much anticipation for your non existing bar cart, but I know it will be fabulous whenever you get it! And hopefully there aren’t any green critters in it ;)

22. Jen @ Driftwood Gardens

This is possibly the most awesome furniture makeover I’ve seen yet. I LOVE the gold tile and it was so imaginative to turn that funky little table into something that looks so sophisticated and cosmopolitan! Your staging is absolutely fantastic too.

1. brepurposed Post author

Your are too kind! Thank you so much for all the kind words!! I feel like this could have gone very well or very bad haha. I’m glad it turned out just as I imagined in my head :)

23. Kristi

LOVE this! I never in a million years would have thought to tile the inside, SUCH a brilliant idea, especially in GOLD! So creative Bre! PS. Can you imagine if you hadn’t removed the hardware? YIKES!

1. brepurposed Post author

Aw thank you so much Kristi!! I’m not sure how I thought of the idea but I’m glad I did! And yes, even though those little creatures terrified me, I’m glad they are no longer calling my bar cart home :)